Patti Morrow was born with insatiable wanderlust, eventually following her passion into a successful career as a freelance travel writer, award-winning blogger, and author. Girls Go Solo: Travel Tips for Women Traveling Alone, Patti’s first book, came out in spring of 2015 and she’s working on a new book aimed at the Baby Boomer market with a tentative release date by the end of 2017.
Born and raised in New England, Patti is now based in South Carolina. In addition to being a certified scuba diver, she is also an interior designer, aging-in-place specialist, and award-winning watercolor painter. Patti brings her diversity, creativity, enthusiasm, free spirit, and wicked sense of humor to all she does.
Since her first solo trip at age 19, Patti has traveled throughout most of the US and around 50 countries and islands abroad, writing about solo travel, girl’s getaways, romantic trips and family travel.
A self-proclaimed “adrenaline junkie,” Patti’s specialty is adventure travel. Her goal is to inspire healthy the Baby Boomers to take a step outside of their comfort zone and try solo travel or a new activity such as scuba diving, hang gliding, mountain climbing, dog sledding, or even sky diving.
Patti has two children, Jill – a music teacher, and Nicholas – a mechanical engineer, now in their mid-20’s.
And one adorable grandchild, Miss Blair.
Patti’s first blog Luggage and Lipstick is the ultimate international travel guide for Baby Boomers.
In less than four years, her brand now has a potential reach of more than 500,000 readers on Facebook, Twitter, Triberr, and Pinterest.
- 20 Baby Boomer Travel Bloggers Having More Fun Than Millennials (TripAdvisor)
- Top 75 Baby Boomer Blogs on the Planet (Feedspot)
- Best Female Blogs to Follow in 2016 (Credit Donkey)
- Top 50+ Travel Blogs to Follow (Hello Travel)
- 24 Baby Boomer Travel Experts Reveal their Favourite 3 Destinations (Faces & Places)
- Top 5 Mexico Travel Blogs (Asher Ferguson)
- Twipper of the Week(TWIP: Travel With Interesting People)
- Top Baby Boomer Travel Blogs (Travel Past 50)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers(Nomad Women)
- Movers & Shakers (TravMedia)
- Media Maniac (Women’s Toolbox)
She has also enjoyed success as a traditional travel writer, and has written for more than 35 publications, including The Washington Post, Ladies Home Journal, The Huffington Post. Travel Girl Magazine, International Living, CNN iReport, Viator, and Epicure & Culture.
- North American Travel Journalist Association (NAJTA)
- The International Travel Writers Alliance (ITWA)
- International Travel Writers and Artists, Inc., (ITWPA)
- Professional Travel Bloggers Association (PTBA)
- US. Press Association.
- Travel Massive
Patti and Kary met at the beginning of 2016. They’ve been traveling the world since then, seeking out new adventures, as well as exploring the Carolinas and the south.